Our four current members have come to the end of their 1-year tenure. We are seeking up to four members to join our Committee. The tenure will be a 2-year period commencing mid-September. All current members will be eligible to continue in the role.
In order to effectively coordinate and manage WPSA’s competition season the Technical Committee was established in 2016 replacing the former Competition & Grading Committee. The committee ensures proper implementation of all aspects of each Junior and Senior Grade leagues. It also ensures that the WPSA and Associated Clubs complies with all relevant statutes, regulations and other requirements.
The Committee has prime responsibility for, but not limited to:
- Develop and implement (with the assistance of the WPSA Executive Officer and Administration Officer) a competition draw for each Water Polo SA competition ensuring:
- All pool and equipment requirements are met for each Grade.
- Communication with clubs regarding competition information, by-laws and judiciary/disciplinary policies.
- Oversee the promotion of the draw and upload information onto the WPSA website and SportsTG.
- Communication and liaison with Referee Co-ordinator regarding Referee requirements and payments.
- Review and make recommendations to the Board with respect to effective and efficient co-ordination and management of the WPSA’s State League.
- Monitor and evaluate processes and procedures aligned with the competitions, promoting sound internal controls and good business management practices.The Committee meets on a quarterly basis, sometime more frequently before the season commences and the Committee shall comprise of five members in addition to the Executive Officer and Administration/Competitions Officer.
If you have interest, skills and knowledge to take on this important role or know of someone that does please email your nomination to Andrew Swift, Executive Officer firstname.lastname@example.org Please also send through any questions you have. Nominations close 5pm Tuesday 12th September 2017.