State Development Officer – Water Polo South Australia
- Adelaide ▸ South Australia ▸ Australia
- Full Time, Contract/Temp
Closing 28 Feb 2022
Water Polo South Australia are looking for a candidate with a strong water polo background and good attention to detail to help grow the participation base in South Australia. You must be a team player who can build and manage relationships with volunteers to achieve shared success. The role is focussed on delivering outcomes in 3 main areas
- 0.65 FTE To execute the recently awarded Sport Australia participation grant within South Australia as part of the national strategy. The funded project includes but is not limited to collaboration, design, implementation and review of an adult (18-35 years) water polo participation programs, with a target audience primarily of university students and winter invasion sport participants. This project will work in conjunction with WPA, local clubs and third-party providers to deliver targeted increases in adult participation.
- 0.175 FTE to assist as the local resource to support the National Integrity Framework rollout and implementation as it relates to clubs and associations within the state. This includes but is not limited to National Child Safeguarding and Member Protection Policies.
- 0.175 FTE to assist Water Polo South Australia with local priorities including but not limited to: Coach and Referee learning and development coordination, junior participation development, Social water polo development, and assistance with event coordination and delivery.
Success in this role will be assessed by
- Growth in participation of players, coaches, officials, and volunteers in both the university and winter sport target markets (new participation)
- Conversion of participants in these development programs into existing clubs or associations (conversion to membership)
- Strengthened relationships across all stakeholders and positive feedback from the water polo community
- Risk reduction through increased education, compliance and implementation of the child safeguarding and member protection policies
- Increases in junior participation, social water polo competitions and collaboration with aquatic venues and third party learn to swim providers
- Implementation of the coach learning and development framework, and coordination of the referee developer network
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers Licence
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Human Movement / Coaching / Exercise / Sports Science Degree
- Physical Education Degree
Applications should be submitted ASAP to WPSA Executive Officer- Chris Luz-Raymond: [email protected]
- Cover Letter (max 1 page inc. relevant experience to the focus areas, salary expectation and preferred part-time working arrangements)
- Resume (max 3 pages, including references)